Well what a weekend that was – the Premier League is back, GameDay is here and life is good.
The top-flight’s return brought with it all the usual drama, controversy and joy that we expected from the best league in the world.
Both Manchester giants, Tottenham and Liverpool got off to perfect starts, Burnley and Brighton claimed big wins and good old VAR made a subtle debut.
Here at talkSPORT, we were across it all as GameDay kicked off and we’ll have plenty more for you all to enjoy in the coming weeks and months.
This week is another belter here at talkSPORT HQ with a plethora of live commentaries for your delectation.
‘He had a big arse’ – Moyes on claims he could have signed Maguire for United
David Moyes argues combined Premier League XI would struggle to beat Man City
inter the mls?
Former United boss Moyes would consider offer to boss Beckham’s Miami team
Moyes: Pogba among world’s top players, United would be weaker without him
Moyes denies trying to sign Maguire for United, hails Pogba, responds to Miami link
Bury owner Steve Dale reveals his plans to sell the League One club
Zidane remains coy on Neymar to Real Madrid, Liverpool name Lovren price, plus more
Man City star Sterling considering eye-watering boot deal with Nike Air Jordan
talkSPORT’s Durham and Gough name their current top five players in world football
Liverpool boss Klopp reveals how long he expects injured Alisson to be out for
Who is Caoimhin Kelleher? The Liverpool ace who could face Chelsea in the Super Cup
Pogba hails Maguire as a ‘leader’ and reveals new nickname for £80m man
First up, we’ve got Salford City (with the Class of 92 in tow) hosting Marcelo Bielsa’s Leeds in the Carabao Cup.
We’ll also have three EFL games and our usual healthy dollop of Super League action.
And then it’s all eyes on Saturday once again for GameDay, round 2!
The headline clash is without doubt Manchester City vs Tottenham as the title rivals battle it out at the Etihad in a huge early-season encounter.
Also on GameDay, we’ve got Arsenal vs Burnley and Norwich vs Newcastle plus our Around the Grounds show and Full-Time Phone-In so you can keep up to date with everything.
Here’s all the info you need to catch what we’ve got in store on talkSPORT this week.
- Carabao Cup: Salford City vs Leeds – live on talkSPORT, coverage starts on Tuesday at 7pm
- Super League: Leeds vs St Helens – live on talkSPORT 2, Thursday at 6pm
- Championship: Huddersfield vs Fulham – live on talkSPORT 2, Friday at 6pm
- GameDay Live: Arsenal vs Burnley – live on talkSPORT, Saturday at 11am
- EFL GameDay: Sunderland vs Portsmouth – live on talkSPORT 2, Saturday at 11am
- GameDay Live: Norwich vs Newcastle – live on talkSPORT 2, Saturday at 2pm
- GameDay Live: Manchester City vs Tottenham – live on talkSPORT, Saturday at 5:15pm
- Championship: Reading vs Cardiff – live on talkSPORT 2, Sunday at 11am
- Super League: Hull KR vs Wakefield – live on talkSPORT 2, Sunday at 2pm
Saturday is GameDay on talkSPORT and talkSPORT 2 as we become your go to destination for all the Premier League action. We’ll bring you LIVE commentary of Premier League games across all three time slots on Saturday – 12.30pm, 3pm and 5.30pm – delivering award-winning coverage to more GameDay listeners than ever.